Dermatologists aren’t mind readers. It’s important to speak up about your personal matters and ask the right questions during your appointment. Doing so will help us tailor the consultation process to your needs, so you can get the most of our services.
In addition to discussing any medical or cosmetic concerns you may have, we recommend asking your dermatologist these six questions during your annual appointment:
- Is my skincare routine working?
- Do any of my moles look suspicious?
- Are my supplements and/or medications affecting my skin?
- Is my skin aging well?
- What products are a good fit for my skin type?
- Can you tell me about the latest treatments and procedures?
Psoriasis is an autoimmune disorder which causes the skin to form scaly, erythematous plaques; usually on the elbows and knees.
Acne is an inflammation of the hair follicle. It is often due to various factors including genetics, skin type, sebaceous oil production, hormones, etc.
- Protect yourself from the sun
- Eat a healthy nutrient rich diet
- Don’t smoke
- Cleanse twice a day
- Hydrate or moisturize twice a day
- Get plenty of rest