Dr Anusha D – Neurologist
Dr. Anusha D is one of the best Neurologists from Apollo Hospitals, Chennai, with over 15+ years of experience treating neurological diseases and disorders in adults and children.
She has completed DM Neurology from the famed Madras Medical College, Chennai, and MD Pediatrics from the prestigious PGIMER Institute, Chandigarh.
She has also acquired her DNB degrees in Neurology and Pediatrics from the National Board of Examinations, Delhi. She is a member of the Indian Academy of Neurology, Indian Academy of Pediatrics, Indian Epilepsy Association, American Academy of Neurology, Movement Disorder Society, International Headache Society, and International Child Neurology Association.
Speciality And Areas Of Interest
- Epilepsy Treatment
- Parkinson’s Disease Treatment
- Sleep Disorder Treatment
- Vertigo Treatment
- Neuromuscular Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis Treatment
- Nerve and Muscle Disorders
- Canalith Repositioning (CR)
- Migraine Treatment
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) Treatment
- Stroke Treatment
- Dementia Treatment
- Neurological Problems
- Neurological dysfunction
- Neuro Ophthalmology
- Child Development Disease TreTreatment
- Development Assessment
- Movement Disorder
- Botox Injections
- Headache Management
- Senior Resident in Pediatrics- PGIMER, Chandigarh (July 2011 to August 2011)
- Assistant Professor in Neurology- JIPMER (October 2014 to April 2015)
Awards And Achievements
- Received several certificates of merit in MBBS
- First prize in Poster presentation in IANCON 2013, 21st Annual Conference of Indian Academy of Neurology held at Indore.
- Awarded the Prof. C.U.Velmurugendran Prize for Neurology, 2014 at Madras Medical College, Chennai
- Awarded the Thiru C.V.Chary Prize for Neurology and Neurosurgery, 2014 at Madras Medical College, Chennai
- Awarded the The T.N. Dr. M.G.R. Medical UNIVERSITY MEDAL for super speciality degree -D.M. NEUROLOGY in 27th Convocation-2015, Chennai
Research And Publications
- Saini A, Dogra S, Devidayal, Nada R, Ramachandran R, Doraiswamy A.Glomerular thrombotic microangiopathy caused by Plasmodium vivax infection.Journal of Pediatric Sciences. 2012;4(1):e123.
- Ranganathan L, Doraiswamy A, Samivel B, Chellathurai A, Govindarajan S, Nagwani, P, Vellaichamy K. Structural and chemical neuroimaging in dementia: a review. Asian Journal of Cognitive Neurology. 2013; 1 (2): 7- 19.
- Doraiswamy A, Kesavamurthy B, Ranganathan L. Batwing appearance – A neuroradiologic clue to glutaric aciduria-type 1. International Journal of Epilepsy, Available online 26 May 2015, In Press.
Professional Memberships And Certifications
- Indian Epilepsy Association- (Chennai Chapter)- Life member
- Indian Academy of Pediatrics- Life Member
- Indian Academy of Neurology- Life Member
- Movement Disorder Society (MDS) – Member